- You would have a large group of relevant Twitter followers. People who want to hear about you and want to get to know you in person
- You would have an active Facebook community in which people react on your posts and share what you have to say.
- Your mailing list is three or four times bigger than it is today and it keeps on growing.
- All your employees would share all your company updates, making you one of the most searched companies in your industry on LinkedIn.
- You look back at 2015 and feel extremely satisfied about all the relevant content you have shared that inspired and educated your target audience.
- Your blog posts are read by an increasing number of people and you are even asked as a guest speaker because of your inspiring blog posts.
- You receive meeting requests from potential clients because of your presence online. They would love to meet up with you and would like to know how you can move their business forward.
- You have a bunch of new customers because of everything you shared online and the consistent follow up of these activities.
This might not sound realistic. You might think that your company is too small to make all this happen. Your resources might be limited.
What I can’t promise is that everything described above will happen overnight. However, what I do know is that companies that have decided to incorporate social media consistently in their communications strategy and that made a conscious choice to grow their presence and impact online, definitely have grown their business. I have seen this happening with my customers this year and I have seen it happening with my own company. The saying “what you pay attention to grows” is definitely applicable to your communication efforts online. What are you waiting for?
How will you grow your visibility and impact next year? What would you like to realize in 2015?
Feel free to get in touch if you would like to know how your communication efforts could contribute to your business goals and create the impact your brand deserves (firstname.lastname@example.org).